Saturday, December 07, 2013

The Beauty of Hope -- Day 7 of Advent


On this seventh day of Advent, I want to post pictures of beauty. Most of the time, I try to find photos I have taken myself (thus, the quality may be less than desired :D). However, this picture above (and one other photo of my sister and I running from the ocean waves in the November 22 post "Where Did My Year Go?) was taken by a former student and professional photographer Melissa Johnson. I chose this photo to connect with Frank Laubach's letter from May 24, 1930:

"One thing I have seen this week is that God loves beauty. Everything He makes is lovely. The clouds, 




the tumbling river, the waving lake, the soaring eagle, the slender blade of grass, the whispering of the wind, the fluttering butterfly, this graceful transparent nameless child of the lake which clings to my window for an hour and vanishes for ever. Beautiful craft of God! 




And I know that He makes my thought-life beautiful when I am open all the day to Him." 

As this first week of Advent comes to an end, but our journey continues, I close with this blessing from 2 Thessalonians 2:16  --

"Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work." 

No comments: