Thursday, December 26, 2013

No Christmas Blues Here -- The Second Day of Christmas

I wasn't going to blog today. Well, yes, I did already blog if you count my From Blog to Pin which I only started because I could not figure out how to pin my own pictures to Pinterest. So, I blogged / pinned my Gluten-free Caramel Brownie Fudge. Then, I ended up reading a blog about how the First Day of Christmas is Christmas Day, NOT the day after Thanksgiving. Some people start taking everything down on the Second Day of Christmas. I decided to embrace the twelve days of Christmas. Actually, my family usually embraces the full season of Christmas because no one ever gets all their packages mailed on time. Nonetheless…



I decided to decorate some more! The granddaughters are going to love it. I also listened to a podcast on St. Stephen's Day. For those who celebrate Feast Days, this day celebrates the first martyr of the Christian faith, which sounds rather negative for the day after Christmas!

However, it is a good reminder that Jesus did not stay a baby. He grew; He taught; He saved us through taking our place. And, people believed. People like Stephen, a man full of the faith and the Holy Spirit.

At his death, Stephen said: "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit. Lord, forgive them." Some of us might need to do some forgiving the day after Christmas (and, dare I write it, some of us might need to ask forgiveness). Family gatherings aside, what a great way to end the year and start the new year afresh by forgiving those who harmed us this year and by relinquishing those circumstances and situations that make us bitter and angry people. What a great way to start the new year in peace.

And, just because I need to include two pictures in this post when I share it, here is a picture of the Gluten-free Caramel Brownie Fudge. You might want to gather the family together and make some. :D


http://ddeebbiijjoo.wordpress.com/2013/12/26/gluten-free-caramel-brownie-fudge/

No comments: