Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Hour 4 -- I saw Him in the green hills today and in the gorgeous black and white clouds with light emanating from within. Providentially, He kept me from running over a mother with child crossing the street. Obviously, I was not being in the present with the Lord to help me drive. Nonetheless, He broke through my inattentiveness to keep me from causing harm.

I walk in faith and trust that he had a reason for the events (or lack thereof) of my morning even though I couldn't see it. I was the only one at prayer group; it appeared that I spent a few hours this morning with no worthwhile outcome -- it didn't seem as if I had "redeemed the time." I didn't and still don't sense any wrongdoing on my part, so I choose to give my confusion to God and to see if it's okay to ask God to be in my times of confusion, depression, bafflement -- I figure it's best to have God's company, rather than my enemies.

There was no one available for coffee so I spent time writing. I think God is showing me (still!) that while I occasionally do well waiting on the complicated issues of life, I sometimes stumble over the little daily issues. Will I wait and trust that the email I sent will receive a reply in God's timing? I wonder if I haven't fallen into the same trap researchers have shown teenagers to have fallen into: email is now too slow: text messaging and constantly updated statuses are the expected means of communication.

So, I come back to the issue of trust once again.

I did go get coffee by myself and as I waited, a woman started chatting with me. I responded in kind and when we were done, I thanked her for making my wait so pleasant. She thanked me for listening to her. I hope it was Christ in me listening to her. In fact, it must have been. I'm not naturally given to chit-chat. I hardly think I "entertained angels unaware," but I think I experienced God's promise in Psalm 16:11 -- Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

No comments: