Thursday, January 03, 2013

3 January 2013

As I want to be able to respond to other readings, I have decided to only post on Frank Laubach's Letters of a Modern Mystic on the dates included in his book. However, I have a problem. I'm not sure what I want to say today. So, I will start with Laubach's opening words:

"To be able to look backward and say, 'This, this has been the finest year of  my life' -- that is glorious! But anticipation! To be able to look ahead and say, 'The present year can and shall be better!' -- that is more glorious!

"If we said such things about our achievements, we would be consummate egotists. But if we are speaking of God's kindness, and we speak truly, we are but grateful. And this is what I do witness. I have done nothing but open windows -- God has done all the rest. There have been few if any conspicuous achievements. There has been a succession of marvelous experiences of the friendship of God."

I know now what I will share. Today, I stopped every time I didn't know what I should do next. I said, "I'm lost. I am overwhelmed with so much to do." And, I waited. When the impression of the next step came, I took it. And, I have found that much has been accomplished. Even the writing of this particular post. I felt pressured by time constraints. Yet, I said, "God, if you intend me to finish this today, then it will be finished. If you do not, then I will go my way in peace knowing that you have chosen my path."

No comments: