Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Lessons learned lately (two of them today):
1) Warm brownies cut best if you use a plastic knife in a gentle sawing motion.
2) Viz. is the abbreviation for videlicet, pronounced we - day- li - ket in Latin, or vi-del-i-sit in English. It means "that is to say" or "namely" (used especially to introduce examples, details, etc.)
3) I tend to panic first if I think I have too much to do and not enough time to do it; yet, the Lord comes through again and again (if we're doing what the Lord calls us to do). All I could think today was "How am I going to get the house cleaned, the lessons ready, and the last pan of brownies made for Sk8 Church tonight?" God had it all figured out: my two late afternoon tutoring students did not come today. I actually have time to spare. Well, not actually...it's time I didn't think I would have, but now that I have it, I need to use it wisely.

No comments: